Houthis commit 21 violations in Hodeida
12/20/2018 2:03:00 AM
الصحوة نت - خاص
Alsahwa Net- The Arab Coalition on Wednesday accused the Houthis of violating the ceasefire in Hodeida, cautioning that the truce would be broken down if the United Nations does not intervene immediately.
Meanwhile, sources of the Arab Coalition told AFP that the Houthis committed 21 violations since the midnight of Monday, affirming that the Houthis still ignore the agreement reached in Sweden last week.
The sources further said that the government forces defend themselves when it is necessary, pointing out that they would continue to act with restraint and responsibility.
Meanwhile, military sources told Alsharq al-Awsat newspaper that the Houthis bombarded with mortars populated neighborhoods in al-Hawak district of Hodeida, forcing residents to displace.
They revealed that the Houthis stormed a number of girl schools and positioned inside them, asserting that they continue planting landmines and digging trenches.
Yemen’s internationally recognized government and the Iran-backed Houthis agreed last Thursday to a cease-fire in the port city of Hodeida and its surrounding governorate on Thursday, following a week of UN–sponsored peace talks in Sweden.