Gov’t slams Griffiths’ statement on Hodeida
10/10/2020 10:54:00 PM
الصحوة نت - خاص
Alsahwa Net-The spokesman of the government, Rageh Badi slammed on Friday the statement by the United Nations (UN) Envoy to Yemen, Martin Griffiths on Hodeida.
Badi said that Griffiths’ statement lacks credibility and seriousness.
In a statement quoted by the London-based Asharq Al-Awsat daily Newspaper, Badi said that Griffiths was supposed to define the party that initiated the recent escalation in Hodeida and breached the Stockholm agreement.
Griffiths released a statement on Thursday asking all parties to stop fighting in Hodeida and respect commitments to the Stockholm agreement.
Badi said that Griffiths and chief of the UN Hodeida Mission failed so far to stop the Houthis’ constant breaching to the ceasefire in Hodeida.
He added that the military escalation in Hodeida will affect Griffiths’ efforts towards the joint nationwide-ceasefire declaration.
He said that the government is open to all choices to counter the Houthis’ escalation.