Press Summary from Yemeni news websites
12/13/2020 1:32:00 AM
الصحوة نت - خاص
Prepared by Sarah Hassan
- Football player Nasser Arraymi and his son (pictured) were killed and two other children by a Houthi shell on a stadium in Taiz today (Saturday.)/Multiple websites.
- Sports Minister Nayef al-Bakri condemns the terrorist Houthi attack of today./Almashehad Aldowli.
- A [new] Cabinet without women members is unacceptable, ex-minister of human rights Hooriyah Mashehoor said./Aden Alghad
- Thousands of people took to the streets of [central Yemen] city of Taiz in angry “Demonstrations of the Hungry” over the serious fall of the national currency. The protesters called the Riyal depreciation a starvation policy blaming it on the Arab Coalition, the government and the Houthis alike./Multiple websites.
- Unifying ranks behind the legitimate government is a lifeline in the face of the Iranian agenda, says Information Minister Muammar al-Eryani./Saba
- Fifty one French MPs question their foreign minister over the transformation, in Yemen, of a TGPL facility to a UAE detention center. /Almashehad Alkhaleeji.
- An awards ceremony to honor 1000 wounded army members is being held in Taiz now./Crater Sky.
- Wounded army troops join Taiz protests against the Riyal depreciation./Alharf 28.
- As the Riyadh Agreement implementation begins, the Riyal slightly recovers./Multiple websites.
- Hamed al-Hunyashi, 18, has been killed in the explosion of a Houthi-laid landmine in Nehm east of Sana’a./Almashehad Alyemeni.
- The Islah pary said, “Implementing the Riyadh Agreement will lead to political and economic stability.” / Bawabati.
- A whisper in Antonio Guterres’ ear: The international assistance Yemen needs is that the UAE gets its hands off Yemen./Yemen Time.
- The UAE continues to support stability as well as education and health projects in Socotra./The Arab Network for News.
- Dozens of Houthi militants were killed in an ambush that foiled a massive attack on Marib, the second this week./Almashehad Alyemeni.
-The Houthi militia extort the UNICEF, suspending the aid the organization provides for public school teachers./ The Arab Network for News.