UN to launch assistance campaign for Yemenis
2/27/2017 12:54:00 AM
Under-Secretary-General and Emergency Relief Coordinator Stephen O'Brien on Saturday said on Saturday that the United Nations is preparing a campaign to assist Yemen, pointing out that it will be carried out on April 25.
During his visit to the country, he cited that the campaign aims to support harmed people and provide them with essential requirements.
O'Brien on Sunday arrived Yemen in a one-week visit in which he will visit Aden, Sana'a, Taiz and Ibb.
Yemen is witnessing a deteriorating humanitarian situation as the government failed to pay the salaries of public servants and the rising prices of essential goods due to the collapse of the national currency value.
It is also expected that O'Brien will visit the governorate of Taiz which is witnessing a deteriorating humanitarian situation due to the siege imposed on it by forces of the Houthis and ousted President Ali Abdullah Saleh.
Well-informed sources told Alsahwa Net that O'Brien will also visit the governorate of Ibb in the center of Yemen.
Meanwhile, militias of the Houthis prevented last week a senior United Nation officer from entering the capital Sana'a, a source of Sana'a Airport told Alsahwah Net.
According to the source, the representative of the National Security run by the Houthis prevented the Assistant Envoy of the United Nations from entering the hallsof Sana'a airport after his airplane landed at the airport.