Civilians seen fleeing for the first time from a Yemen region that's been safe since 2017

Civilians seen fleeing for the first time from a Yemen region that's been safe since 2017

Dozens of families have begun to flee from the outskirts of eastern Yemen's Beihan for the first time since the government forces liberated the region from the Houthi diehard militants in December 2017, local sources have said.

 

Two local eyewitnesses said on Tuesday that families have fled the new frontlines and "arrived in [inward] Shabwa where they started looking for alternative places" to hire rooms or set up tents because their original villages "have become fighting zones in recent days."

 

Houthi militants in central Yemen's Beidha have recently advanced toward Beihan in an attempt to capture the entire Shabwa province, after Shabwa's local government offended the United Arab Emirates forces in Yemen.

 

Last month saw strong tensions after Shabwa's governor Mohammed Bin Edeiw reiterated his longstanding call on the UAE forces to evacuate Yemen's biggest gas export facility of Balhaf to an alternative base for Yemen to be able to resume exporting gas.

 

Immediately thereafter, the Shiit terrorist militia of Houthis began to march toward Shabwa's borders with destabilizing acts to their assistance from the UAE's directly and openly supported STC militiamen in the depth of Shabwa.

Connect with us

Yemen - Sana'a

#

TelFax :

info@alsahwa-yemen.net

MAILING LIST

Subscribe to our mailing list to receive all the news published by the Sahwa Net

الى الأعلى